Family Caregiver Support Program Services are provided by the Redwood Caregiver Resource Center. For additional information, or to make a referral; contact the Redwood Caregiver Resource Center at 800-834-1636 or 707-542-0282 and check out their website at www.redwoodcrc.org.
Services provided by Redwood Caregiver Resource Center:
- Comprehensive Assessment – Assessment is provided by trained professionals through a home or office visit. Family Consultants assess problems and needs, explore care options and provide information to caregivers and family members.
- Caregiver Counseling – Counseling is provided by a trained social worker and is focused on providing support needed for stress, depression, and loss as a result of caregiving responsibilities. Counseling can also address caregiver-related financial and long-term placement needs.
- Caregiver Support Groups – Groups to provide caregivers with emotional support, share experiences and ideas to ease the stress of caregiving and to improve decision-making and problem-solving skills related to their caregiving responsibilities.
- Caregiver Training – Workshops or one-on-one individually tailored sessions to assist caregivers in developing the skills and knowledge necessary to perform caregiving activities, while caring for themselves.
- Respite Care – Subsidies for time-limited, in-home care or day care to assist families in caring for a loved one at home by providing a period of relied for caregivers.