Whether you are an older adult, a person with disabilities, a family member, caregiver, friend, or professional who works with older adults, we hope you’ll find this website useful.
Who we are…
The Area 1 Agency on Aging serves Humboldt and Del Norte counties. It is one of 33 similar agencies in the state of California.
- As a service provider we help older adults and people with disabilities, their families, caregivers, friends and neighbors find information and resources.
- As a funding agency, we award contracts for nutrition and other supportive services to meet the needs of older people in our communities.
- As an administrative agency, we monitor, evaluate and document the performance of every contracted service provider.
- As a planning agency, we gather information, determine priorities for service, and develop a plan to serve our community. As an advocate for older adults, we conduct public hearings, provide information to local and state decision-makers and collaborate with other organizations to provide needed assistance.
We invite you to explore our website and discover the many services provided for the older adult population (those 60+ years old) in Humboldt and Del Norte counties.
The Area 1 Agency on Aging is here to help, as are the organizations to whom we provide funding.
- Del Norte Senior Center
- Humboldt Resource Center
- Legal Services of Northern California
- Redwood Caregiver Resource Center
Area 1 Agency on Aging
We envision a community
where older persons and those with disabilities
have access to resources that promote
quality of life.
Area 1 Agency on Aging provides leadership and services to
support people in ways that promote healthy aging.
We Hope Our Services Have Been Helpful:
The Older American’s and Californian’s Acts mandate that we provide services without charge to those who need them. This funding does not pay for the full cost of our services. If you would like to make a contribution, you can mail it to the Humboldt office address below.
Area 1 Agency on Aging, 333 J Street, Eureka, CA 95501
The decision to contribute or not is voluntary and will be kept confidential. You will never be denied services because of failure or inability to contribute.
Hours of Operation
A1AA in Eureka Hours are Monday-Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
A1AA is closed on Saturdays and Sundays, and on the following holidays:
- New Year’s Day
- Martin Luther King Day
- Presidents’ Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- International Day of the Older Person
- Veterans’ Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Day After Thanksgiving
- Workday before Christmas
- Christmas Day
- New Year’s Eve